Join Karlyn Bradley, Founder/CEO of The High Priestess Consulting Company LLC and TREC as they take a deep dive exploring the question what is the role, if any, of Racial Justice in conservation and environmental movements. We will aim to move through the complexities of this question particularly in the current socio-political moment that is actively hostile to and working to undo Racial Justice work. This webinar is a continuation of the conversation from the Anti-Blackness in Conservation webinar (view below).
Some Discussion Questions to Consider and Practice:
- How would you define or explain Anti-Blackness?
- What does Anti-Blackness mean to us as an organization?
- What does Anti-Blackness mean to me, as an individual?
- Important Black People in Conservation, TREC
- How Broadcast TV News Covered Environmental Justice in 2022, MediaMatters for America article
- 2021 NGO & Foundation Transparency Report Card, Green 2.0
- Supplemental Resource List from Karlyn
- Anti-Racism TikTok shared during the webinar, @teachthemkindness on TikTok
Connect with Karlyn:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Karlyn Bradley
- Twitter: @dawntray1224
- Instagram: k.d.bradley
- Venmo: @dawntray1224
- PayPal: paypal.me/dawntray24
- CashApp: $kdbradley12
- Podcast: Beneath The Surface
Black individuals and communities have a long history of being targeted for racist violence, exploitation, and discrimination around the globe. Learn how anti-Black racism relates to other forms of oppression, […]
This session will explore the myriad of ways accountability can show up as we journey towards more equitable and inclusive workplaces. How do we know we are doing it right? What happens when mistakes are made, or harm is done? We will look at accountability strategies to support your goals for diversity, equity, and inclusion and discuss how those intersect with your organizational culture.