Presented by Leslie Barnes–Counsel, Bolder Advocacy, an initiative of Alliance for Justice
Elections are important opportunities to educate and engage voters and the community at large. Although 501(c)(3) organizations cannot support or oppose candidates for public office, there are many activities they can participate in during election years. This webinar covers the federal tax law rules regarding permissible electoral activities for 501(c)(3)s, including:
- How can you continue to advocate for your issues during election years?
- How can you educate the public through candidate forums and questionnaires?
- How can you ensure voter registration and get-out-the-vote efforts are conducted legally?
- How can you safely support or oppose ballot measures without being partisan?
- When and how can you work with 501(c)(4)s or unions?
If you have additional advocacy related questions or need assistance, please visit Bolder Advocacy’s website to contact an advocacy coach.