Website Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative (Y2Y)
Posting Title: Donor Relations Assistant
(part-time, initial 12-month contract)
Posting Date: 5 December 2022
Closing Date: 20 December 2022
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Donor Relations Assistant reports directly to the Senior Donor Relations Manager and will be a key member of Y2Y’s Development team focused on growing our revenue base from individual donors. You’ll be working closely with a highly collaborative staff in a results-driven environment. Your primary role is to provide administrative and logistical support to the Donor Relations staff in their shared efforts to build and nurture relationship with donors to advance Y2Y’s conservation work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Donor Relations Assistant will undertake a range of activities to help the team work efficiently and effectively, and secure and retain support for Y2Y’s vital conservation programs across Canada and the US.
Core activities include:
- Individual Donor administration and tracking:
- generate accurate lists from Donor Perfect;
- maintain donor records to reflect the stewardship activities undertaken, this includes creating new constituent records, tracking actions, proposals, communications, meetings and next action steps, and data clean up;
- track timelines for proposals, reports and other communications;
- executes various mailings, both electronic and mail, including donor acknowledgement communication, targeted donor materials, newsletters etc.;
- support the Senior Administrator in processing, entering and monitoring gifts, thank you and renewal letters during peak periods.
- Communication with donors:
- main contact for enquiries via telephone and e-mail;
- prompt response to donor calls and emails
- schedules donor meetings, attends meetings and takes notes when requested;
- organizes meetings, travel and accommodation arrangements for the donor relations team;
- respond promptly to requests, and other stewardship needs as identified.
- Logistical support for events led by the Donor Relations Team (both live and virtual)
- manage invitation lists;
- responds to event enquiries;
- research, liaises and manage vendors;
- organize event documentation;
- assist with set up, tear down and follow up from events;
- supports the preparation of marketing / communications materials.
- Donor research and prospecting:
- support research of current and prospective donors, including through databases, online resources and conversations with staff/board
- prepare donor briefs for various donor meetings and events.
- Provide other administrative assistance for the team as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- First-rate organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple projects to deadlines, and to reprioritize a busy workload to respond to urgent requests as needed
- Strong computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Adobe), including formatting and basic formulas
- Excellent communicator with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-starter who works well independently, but who is able to take direction, effectively communicate progress and work with people from diverse backgrounds, including a dispersed staff and volunteers, board members, donors and business leaders
- Patient, positive, solution-finding attitude; works well within a team
CONSIDERED AN ASSET:
- Administrative work experience
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems/databases such as DonorPerfect
- Knowledge of fundraising intelligence platforms such as iWave
- Excellent written communication skills
- An interest in large landscape conservation or related environmental issues, and knowledge of the geography of the Yellowstone to Yukon region
Salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $45,000-$50,000 p.a. pro-rated for up to 20 hours per week (preferably spread across the week).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time 12-month contract position with the potential for renewal and/or become permanent. The candidate will ideally be based in Canmore, Alberta, where their main supervisor and collaborators are located.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Y2Y is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace as well as more broadly in science, conservation, and society. We strongly encourage applications from members of groups that are underrepresented and/or excluded from science and/or conservation, including but not limited to Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. The successful candidate will be required to abide by Y2Y’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
The successful candidate will preferably start during January 2023.
SEND BY E-MAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and a resume with title formats as follows:
“(Last Name) (First Name)” – Cover and “(Last Name) (First Name)” – Resume
Subject: “Your Name” – Application for Y2Y Donor Relations Assistant – Career Opportunity #TRC100
Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. MT on December 20, 2022.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Application review begins upon receipt and applicants may be contacted before the closing date.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative (Y2Y) is a joint Canada-U.S. not-for-profit organization with a mission to connect and protect wildlife habitat from Yellowstone to Yukon so people and nature can thrive. Formed in 1993, Y2Y takes a scientific approach to conservation and is upheld as a global leader in large landscape conservation. Please see y2y.net for more info.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com