Website Wilburforce Foundation
Wilburforce Foundation is a private, philanthropic foundation that empowers conservation leaders to protect the irreplaceable lands, waters, and wildlife of western North America.
APPLICATION PROCESS: The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. (PDT) on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. After this deadline, please contact us before submitting an application.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, combined into one document either in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, and use “Office Manager” in the subject line.
- Feb 13-17: First-round interviews by Zoom or phone for selected applicants
- Feb 21-24: Second-round interviews for those who advance
- Mar 1: Reference checks and hiring decision
- We hope to have a new employee start as soon as possible thereafter
We maintain a hybrid work environment that allows for both in-office and remote work. This role requires presence in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to provide administrative support to the Foundation. All Employees are expected to reside in the Puget Sound region within commuting distance of Wilburforce’s office in north Seattle.
Consistent with Wilburforce’s vaccination policy, all staff, including new hires, are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19, except those granted reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Wilburforce Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foundation does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other classification protected by local, state or federal law.
For more information about the Foundation and its priorities, please visit the Foundation’s website at www.wilburforce.org.
Job Description: Office Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Finance, Operations, and Grants Management
Salary Range: $65,000 – $95,000
Benefits: We offer generous benefits including health, dental and long-term disability insurance, retirement, minimum 120 hours paid vacation, sick leave, and paid Federally-recognized holidays, plus the Friday following Thanksgiving and year end (December 25-31), professional development, and more.
Location: This position is based in the dog-friendly Wilburforce offices in the Greenfire Campus in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood. This hybrid role requires presence in the office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to provide administrative support to the Foundation. There is no relocation budget associated with this position and employees are expected to reside in the Puget Sound region at the time of employment.
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operations of the Foundation’s core administrative functions in support of a hybrid office setting. This work falls into six broad categories: 1) provide general support to Foundation staff and Board with administration, event planning, and other functions; 2) manage maintenance contracts, technology, and equipment; 3) assist with accounts payable and other bookkeeping duties; 4) assist with administration of payroll and benefits; 5) coordinate use of meeting spaces and building facilities; 6) manage general reception.
- Coordinates on-site office operations, including mail, business machines, supplies, and serves as the point of contact with property manager.
- Pays bills, manages expense report process, maintains financial records and filing systems, prepares financial reports, and aids Director during audits and annual tax filings.
- Undertakes certain personnel responsibilities, including: administration of benefit plans; managing payroll deductions; vacation and sick time reporting; the administration of guidelines, policies and procedures; and other duties as assigned.
- Oversees computer network and technology issues, working with technology consultants and/or appropriate vendors, and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Manages website updates and coordinates technical fixes with web designer.
- Coordinates arrangements for board meetings, annual retreat, program meetings, and other Wilburforce events or meetings.
- Primary Foundation contact for conference room and other meeting facilities.
- Organizes and files documents, records, publications, and reports.
- Maintains office equipment inventory.
- Provides administrative support for all Foundation staff and board.
- Performs light housekeeping as needed
- Undertakes occasional travel related to events, retreats, or meetings.
- Participates in the Foundation’s internal diversity, equity, and inclusion capacity-building efforts.
- Works with the entire Wilburforce team to create a positive, inclusive, engaged, and productive organizational culture.
- May be assigned other duties, as needed.
- 3-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to track multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize and follow up on urgent matters in a timely manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent knowledge and skills associated with computers and business software applications. Experience with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint), Windows Active Directory, CRM database software (we use Salesforce), and QuickBooks is especially desirable.
- Analytic, problem solving, time management, customer service, and process management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours on occasion with advanced notice.
- Strong time management skills and highly organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines and move projects forward with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and manage productive relationships with colleagues, grantees, and external vendors.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and good-humored with a willingness to be flexible.
- Openness to learning; accepting of positive and constructive feedback.
- Patient and adaptable to changing systems and processes.
- A person of integrity able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com