Website Sudbury Valley Trustees
Sudbury Valley Trustees, Inc. (SVT) is a nonprofit regional land trust working to protect natural areas and farmland for wildlife and people in the 36 communities that lie within the combined Sudbury, Assabet, and Concord River watershed.
As of Summer 2022, SVT cares for more than 5700 acres on 93 Reservations and 97 Conservation Restrictions and maintains more than 65 miles of trails. Since its inception, SVT has assisted other organizations and governmental agencies in protecting an additional 3000 acres in the region.
SVT achieves its success thanks to the efforts of 13 full-time professional staff and an active Board of Directors, the assistance of TerraCorps-AmeriCorps members, the hard work of more than 200 volunteers, and the support of approximately 3,000 member households. SVT has an operating budget for the fiscal year 2023 of $1,714,000 and donor-restricted and BOD-Designated Funds of approximately $15 million.
Sudbury Valley Trustees seeks a leader who is ready to join a strong organization in pursuing new strategic goals in support of its mission in land protection, stewardship, and community engagement through a proven ability in strategic leadership, fundraising, staff management and development, collaborative ventures, and constituency building.
The Executive Director must be able to articulate the mission of the Land Trust to a variety of constituents and maintain effective and efficient external communication as the face of the organization.
- This individual must be confident and thoughtful and have the appropriate skills and presence to work effectively, collegially, and collaboratively across the state and region.
- The ideal candidate will have a background that includes experience in strategic vision, and the ability, working with Staff and the Board, to develop and implement long- and short-term strategic plans to take the organization to the next level.
- Successful fundraising experience that includes securing major gifts and cultivating individual donors is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be both a strong and effective leader and a careful listener committed to fostering broad diversity and inclusion among the organization’s staff, supporters, and volunteers and in the use and enjoyment of the Land Trust’s properties.
- The candidate will have experience and the ability to foster a collaborative and welcoming work environment by leading and working with highly-skilled, accomplished staff.
- A genuine and authentic connection to nature and the outdoors and an interest and willingness to learn about new subjects and develop new skills is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humor and a contagious delight in experiencing the wonders of nature.
- Candidates with executive-level achievement in the fields of conservation, environmental education, advocacy, policy, law, and/or related fields are encouraged to apply.
The base salary range for this position is between $165,000 – $180,000 commensurate with experience. SVT offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to performance bonus potential, paid holidays, vacation, health insurance and FSA, and a matching retirement plan including employer contribution.
For more information about Sudbury Valley Trustees, please visit: https://www.svtweb.org/
To apply, please submit a current resume and letter of introduction to Kittleman & Associates, LLC (click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sudbury Valley Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team and reflects and effectively serves the diverse communities of Boston’s MetroWest region. SVT is committed to fairness and equity throughout its internal operations. As SVT strengthens and diversifies its team to serve and expand the region in all aspects of its work, equity and inclusion are priorities.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.