A PDF version of the posting is HERE.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: MCV Executive Director
Montana Conservation Voters and the Montana Conservation Voters Education Fund seek a dynamic, full-time, Montana-based Development Director to grow, cultivate, and maintain robust relationships with MCV’s donor network to significantly increase MCV’s operations, revenue and overall impact. The Development Director will provide organization, direction, opportunity-identification, recordkeeping and accountability to the Executive Director, staff, Board Members and contractors.
WHO WE ARE
Montana Conservation Voters is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)4 membership organization whose mission is to “protect our climate, our clean air and water, our public lands, our communities and future generations by supporting leaders who fight for conservation and by holding accountable leaders who do not.” The Montana Conservation Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to “engage all Montanans and their communities by empowering them to protect our clean air, clean water, public lands and voting rights through education, mobilization and the power of grassroots advocacy.”
JOB DESCRIPTION: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
- Identify prospective donors and funders and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Draft and execute a comprehensive development plan with hard number goals and deadlines to engage, grow and diversify MCV’s fundraising strategies—including membership, major donors, website engagement, direct-mail and email appeals, planned giving and social media campaigns
- Work with team members to steward and grow membership including but not limited to coordinating regular contact with members and supporters, events etc.
- Provide leadership to and collaborate on additional fundraising efforts by staff, Board Members, and contracted employees, such as Board Members’ give-get expectations, call-time and outreach, and canvassing efforts that include fundraising asks for MCV
- In coordination with the Executive Director and Program Director, provide assistance in grant writing, grant administration and seeking new grant opportunities, ensuring timely submission of grant applications and reports for existing grants
- Oversee the planning and successful execution of MCV’s annual fundraising events, with particular attention to the spring Member Celebration and the fall Gala
- Manage and grow the MCV Education Fund’s Partners for the Outdoors business partnership program, including identifying prospective members and developing individualized strategies for recruitment
- Facilitate and track call-time for Executive Director, arrange meetings and create donor profiles for prospective donors
- Write all fundraising emails, direct mail appeals and form letter thank you notes and coordinate with the Communications Manager on social media and other communications related to specific appeals
- Learn, understand, and maintain familiarity with the EveryAction database and its full suite of development capabilities
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Montana’s environmental and political landscape, including the work of other conservation NGOs
- Participate in staff meetings, board meetings, and national meetings, including presenting updates when necessary
- MCV is looking for a highly motivated, self-driven, reliable and detail-oriented professional with experience in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors through a variety of channels, including by email and mail, phone, events and social media. We are looking for a creative thinker who understands (or who can quickly learn) Montana’s political environment as it relates to conservation, and who knows how to build an organization within a growing team. Strong communication and organizational skills — including the ability to multitask — are mandatory, as is fluency in basic computer skills (database management, etc.). Very strong interpersonal and writing skills are essential.
- The Development Director must be based in Montana but can work from a home office; location is negotiable. Some travel and some work during non-traditional hours/weekends is expected. All full-time MCV employees are expected to work 40 hours per week.
- The Development Director must share MCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. We are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all Montanans and to build as powerful a movement as we can. Recruiting staff that better reflects Montana is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, geographies, and all other identities. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Montana Conservation Voters offers a competitive salary ($60,000 to $70,000) based on commensurate experience and salary history. Full-time, exempt employees of MCV are eligible for health, dental and optical insurance. A Simple IRA is also available to qualified employees.
Send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director.” No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed as received.
To apply for this job please visit mtvoters.org .