Protecting air, water and public land for all of us.
Summary of position: Idaho Conservation League (ICL) is seeking a thoughtful and motivated individual with a background in community outreach and engagement to support ICL’s Central Idaho office. Specific areas of responsibility include building community support for ICL’s strategic initiatives; recruiting and organizing members and volunteers; creating opportunities for supporters to volunteer and influence decision-makers and policy; and growing the conservation community in Central Idaho. This in-person position is based in Ketchum, Idaho.
Classification: Full-time exempt
Supervisor: Central Idaho Senior Conservation Associate
Salary/Benefits: Starts at $44,500, paid health insurance, Simple IRA with match, PTO and
Opportunity for Impact: Founded in 1973, ICL is the state’s oldest and largest statewide advocacy organization, with more than 20,000 members and advocates from across Idaho and the region. ICL is growing, presently employing 31 individuals, with offices in Boise, McCall, Ketchum, and Sandpoint Idaho. You will be a critical member of the North Idaho Office in Sandpoint, where you will assist staff working to protect public lands, water quality and native fish and wildlife, for all who live in Idaho. The work you do will directly support ICL’s programs, enabling staff to continue our policy and grassroots advocacy work as we seek to grow the conservation community in Idaho, and achieve pragmatic, enduring solutions.
The Central Idaho Community Engagement Assistant will work to build public support for ICL’s programs with a special focus on ICL’s campaigns to protect public lands and restore the Snake River. The position will also manage the Central Idaho Wilderness Stewards program. The Assistant will empower members, supporters, and volunteers to engage in ICL’s work to bring about positive environmental change by organizing community events and creating opportunities for volunteers and advocates to influence decision-makers and policy.
- Help build support for ICL’s public lands and Snake River campaigns through outreach and citizen engagement.
- Organize and participate in monthly community events, in order to connect ICL with members and supporters, and offer them ways to help advance ICL’s strategic goals through volunteerism or advocacy
- Grow ICL’s relationships with partners, conservation groups, Tribes, and other allies.
- Work with ICL’s Engagement Coordinator and members of the engagement team to advance organizational priorities and support effective advocacy efforts.
- Assist ICL’s Development Team by growing ICL’s membership in Central and Southeast Idaho, assisting with donor related events, outreach, and making gratitude calls as needed.
- Utilize Salesforce to track activity records and notes on contacts in the donor portfolio.
- Participate in ICL’s efforts to build a more diverse and inclusive environmental movement that is responsive to marginalized and underrepresented communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability and desire to communicate with and engage a wide variety of individuals, groups and audiences.
- At least 2 years of professional experience advocating for or organizing environmental, conservation, social justice or other efforts to make meaningful change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector.
- A passion for the environment and the communities of Central and Southeast Idaho.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social and environmental justice.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ICLjobs@idahoconservation.org and include Central Idaho Community Engagement Assistant in the subject line. Applications are due by Friday, December 9, 2022 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The anticipated start date for this position is January 2023.
The Idaho Conservation League’s programs and employment are open to all. ICL does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or ability. For more information about ICL, please visit our website at www.idahoconservation.org.
Founded in 1973, the Idaho Conservation League is Idaho’s oldest and largest state-based, non-profit conservation organization. We are a membership organization with members and supporters across Idaho; a Board of Directors with statewide geographic representation; offices in Boise, Ketchum, McCall and Sandpoint; employing 31 staff. ICL’s mission is to create a conservation community and pragmatic, enduring solutions that protect and restore the air you breathe, the water you drink, and the land and wildlife you love. Our vision is an Idaho where public lands remain public and are well managed, air is clean, lakes and rivers are healthy, fish and wildlife thrive, and a prosperous, sustainable future exists for all Idahoans. ICL is committed to doing conservation work in an equitable and just way. Clean water, clean air, public lands, and abundant fish and wildlife should be accessible to everyone. ICL is committed to a long-term goal of broadening our work to better serve the diversity of people our work connects to, particularly those populations with traditionally underrepresented voices or marginalized communities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org