We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Program Associate to work closely with the Political and Policy Director and advocacy team to implement strategies to meet campaign goals and get the attention of decision-makers and media, including public events, press events, meetings or presentations. The right candidate for this role will have excellent interpersonal skills, comfort with engaging or collaborating with people in both group and one-on-one settings, the ability to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences, and a demonstrated commitment to CVNM’s mission, vision and values.
- Identify and implement strategies to meet campaign goals and get the attention of decision-makers and media, including public events, press events, meetings or presentations.
- Implement strategies that mobilize organizational volunteers and community leaders to support organizational policy or administrative goals, including signing petitions, submitting public comment, or attending hearings.
- Assist with production of CVNM Conservation Scorecard.
- Assist Political and Policy Director in executing strategies for CVNM Action Fund, CVNM’s Coordinated Expenditure PAC, including disseminating and tracking candidate questionnaires, questionnaire evaluation, and endorsement recommendations.
- Assist Political and Policy Director and Deputy Director in timely and accurate reporting for grant reports, including identifying and elevating impact stories and accurate data entry.
- Manage CVNM’s common agenda coalition, the Environmental Alliance of New Mexico (EANM), including convening meetings during the legislative session, and managing the EANM listserv.
- Tracking committee schedules and votes during the legislative session, assisting with legislative agenda production, and lobbying on environmental policy as requested.
- Develop program and/or campaign specific talking points and factsheets that build support for CVNM’s policy and advocacy goals to share with the public, allies, and decision-makers.
- Conduct research and analysis for CVNM’s policy and administrative priorities, and monitor or track priority progress, as needed.
- Minimum 2+ years in grassroots community, issue, political or labor organizing programs or campaigns, or in industries that engage the general public, like sales, customer service, or education.
- Ability to efficiently utilize databases and Excel.
- Comfortable presenting to bi-lingual and multicultural audiences, and engaging or collaborating with people in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of rural and/or communities of color in New Mexico.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity, and an interest in environmental issues that impact our air, land, water, wildlife and community health.
- Strong understanding of how engaging the public in the political process can create policy change.
- Must be able to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to implement key organizing strategies like door-to-door canvassing, phone banking, public speaking and willingness to learn and implement additional strategies.
- A belief that who we elect matters and that the protection of New Mexico’s land, air and water, and wildlife should be a political priority.
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable mode of transportation.
- Both in-state and out-of-state travel may be required.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations and booster by date or hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Experience in political or issue campaigns is a plus.
- Understanding of how a bill becomes a law or city/county policy processes is a plus.
- Experience working with state legislatures, especially the New Mexico State Legislature.
This is a full-time exempt salaried position based on experience. CVNM also offers a benefits package for full-time staff that includes vacation and sick leave, a 401(k), and health, dental, and vision coverage.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Associate” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com