TREC Webinar with RoadMap | De-escalating Conflict
Thursday, January 23rd | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM Mountain Time with Question & Answer session 12:00-12:30
Presenters: Mary Ochs and Margi Clarke, RoadMap
Conservation organizations are facing increasing external conflict and attacks that antagonize their work in a variety of settings (meetings, trainings, offices, public events, traveling). These attempts to interfere, frighten, and damage organizations require de-escalation techniques to safely and effectively protect the people and the organization.
The webinar will provide skills and tips to address and de-escalate different types of conflict and attacks. Among the techniques and tips, the webinar will review how to:
- Be centered and present to de-escalate conflict
- Assess the situation for appropriate approaches before deciding to and engaging in de-escalation
- Diffuse intense and intimidating situations
- Create space for effective communication in conflict
- Establish safety during conflict and de-escalation
- Respond as bystander
These webinars are made possible by the generous support of Wilburforce Foundation and are offered free of charge to current Wilburforce grantees.