TREC has a deep responsibility to actively leverage our resources and capabilities to amplify diversity, inclusion, and equity in ourselves, in our operation, in our services, with our clients, and in our sector.
Foundational to TREC’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) framework is the assumption that systems change is driven by the behaviors and decisions of individuals, and that those individuals make up the organizations that ultimately establish the system of conservation as a whole.
TREC centers DEI work on the understanding that individuals bring a myriad of identities and lived experiences. Sustainable equity work values all expressions of diversity that span race, gender, culture, values, and social identity groups. It also recognizes existing injustices, the harm caused by these injustices, and commits to confronting oppressive systems that prevent positive systems change.
TREC provides a variety of DEI capacity building services that include:
- Baseline and ongoing assessment tools and analysis
- Design and development of equity processes such as DEI statements, DEI audits and building inclusive cultures
- Staff and board training on fundamentals of diversity equity and inclusion
- Building partnerships across difference
- Developing an individual or organizational equity plan