Website Grand Canyon Youth
Work Hours: 40 hours/week, some nights and weekends required
Compensation: $45,000 (benefits include: health, vision, dental, life insurance, retirement, and PTO after first 90 days)
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona (remote work not available)
Organizational Values: Connection, Adventure, Curiosity, Respect, Intention, Responsibility
Anticipated Start Date: August 15th, 2023
The Logistics Manager is responsible for ensuring the day to day operations systems of GCY’s warehouse and fleet. Duties include management of: river operations warehouse, vehicles, boat/equipment repair, inventory, etc. The Logistics Manager must demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with employees, youth, parents/guardians, volunteers, vendors, and community collaborators. The Logistics Managers must have strong organizational and communication skills.
The Logistics Manager participates in on-call duties during the expedition season, and is an integral part of the Expedition Team. Some on-expedition time/experience may be necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
The Logistics Manager reports to the Assistant Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Logistics (95% of position)
Ensure all expedition equipment is organized, inventoried, maintained, and repaired
Oversee the warehouse including but not limited to: functionality, storage, and cleanliness
Work alongside the Wellness Manager to support expedition food needs
Support the budgetary process by proposing equipment replacement and expansion purchases
Have a risk management mindset: participate in on-call duties and supply each expedition with the risk management tools: first aid kits, epi pens, emergency communication devices, etc.
Support the the management of GCY facilities including but not limited to: repairs, improvements, snow removal, and landscaping
Manage the GCY fleet, ensuring owned vehicles/trailers are in optimal condition and schedule expedition vehicle rentals.
Participate in pre-expedition and post-expedition communications and feedback
Ensure field staff have all the necessary supplies and equipment, in working condition, to complete their duties
Enforcing workplace safety, and policy and procedure compliance
Manage warehouse volunteers
Admin & Fundraising Support (5% of position)
Participate in fundraising efforts, as needed
Support cross-organizational initiatives, as needed
Implement strategic initiatives, as assigned
Embody and support GCY culture in all communications and interactions with stakeholders
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Willingness to work as part of a professional small nonprofit team
Extensive understanding of river equipment/supplies and maintenance needs
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and accomplish responsibilities with minimal supervision
Ability to function as part of a busy work environment (including shared office with frequent interruptions)
Strong ability to multitask and prioritize short and long-term needs
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Maintain professional and empathetic communication when navigating complex situations
Ability to document and communicate details
Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
Commitment to creating expeditions that are just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive
Superior organization skills and ability to formulate and implement efficient systems
Physical ability to lift and move heavy and awkward objects, sometimes over uneven terrain.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or lived experience demonstrating ability to learn, think critically, and work well with others of varying backgrounds
- Must have river equipment upkeep and repair experience, including boat patching, and be comfortable using a variety of tools and equipment
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Must possess a current drivers license & have a clean driving record.
- Comfortable using common office equipment, including computers and printers, and Google Suite
- 3+ years professional experience in the river rafting industry with working knowledge of river expeditions and their associated gear
- Must be able to lift and maneuver heavy and awkwardly shaped objects,
- Current Wilderness First Responder, CPR, and EPI Auto Injector Certifications
- Experience driving a Truck & Trailer (CDL not required)
Grand Canyon Youth requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- This position is subject to the availability of grant funds.
- This job description may evolve as the needs of the organization change. Other duties and instructions not listed here may be requested by an employee’s supervisor.
- Grand Canyon Youth, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
- Grand Canyon Youth, Inc. is a non-profit organization based in Flagstaff, Arizona. We offer educational outdoor expeditions that connect youth to the transformative power of the river and canyons of the Southwest. Visit www.gcyouth.org for more information. We are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of our organization. We work actively to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of identity including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, parental status, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression etc. We actively seek diversity in our candidate pools. Applicants of all identities are encouraged to apply.
GCY is a small organization where most staff have multiple responsibilities and roles. We strive to uphold community values in everything we do. Our ideal candidate will be dependable, trustworthy, and able to follow up with and complete tasks in a timely manner. Applicants must be very organized and whole-heartedly embrace our values and mission.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com